Retrospect
Such a huge topic, and one that I will probably re-visit with greater care in the future but one which I would like to re-enter my blog with.
It has been over 2 years since I've even thought of this blog. Completely forgot its existence while the world of blogging has exploded beyond belief. However, I still hold on to the same premise upon which I began blogging: to document the stuff my busy fingers create all those late nights when everyone else is sleep. Except now I have to go find all those little scraps of paper and documents on my computer that I've been writing on for the years past.
I have been reading all my old posts to get a sense of how I was like then. Wow, it really amazes me how little I have changed in some ways, and how much I have grown in others. Of course there is nothing surprising about that since I am going through the so-called "right" age to be going through changes. But theory is always amazing, to me, in practice.
Hence I am enjoying the views through retrospective lenses. Things are clearer with those lenses, things are funnier with that voice, emotions dulled with that distance-- and time. The time that now affords itself from the past seems to do a good job of toning down the harsh lighting of the present.
Life is good. I want to say it now lest I forget, declare it now lest I begin to grumble again. I have such a blessed life and am even more blessed to have my eyes opened to appreciate it. I will, meanwhile, make a greater effort in documenting my thoughts here.
My travels and life stories will be logged in a separate blog-- my travelogue. Mostly for less confusion as the travel journal is meant to be more straight-forward. That way people interested in my travels do not have to plow through my sometimes convoluted thoughts merely to enjoy the sights I have seen. Yup! Peace out.
It has been over 2 years since I've even thought of this blog. Completely forgot its existence while the world of blogging has exploded beyond belief. However, I still hold on to the same premise upon which I began blogging: to document the stuff my busy fingers create all those late nights when everyone else is sleep. Except now I have to go find all those little scraps of paper and documents on my computer that I've been writing on for the years past.
I have been reading all my old posts to get a sense of how I was like then. Wow, it really amazes me how little I have changed in some ways, and how much I have grown in others. Of course there is nothing surprising about that since I am going through the so-called "right" age to be going through changes. But theory is always amazing, to me, in practice.
Hence I am enjoying the views through retrospective lenses. Things are clearer with those lenses, things are funnier with that voice, emotions dulled with that distance-- and time. The time that now affords itself from the past seems to do a good job of toning down the harsh lighting of the present.
Life is good. I want to say it now lest I forget, declare it now lest I begin to grumble again. I have such a blessed life and am even more blessed to have my eyes opened to appreciate it. I will, meanwhile, make a greater effort in documenting my thoughts here.
My travels and life stories will be logged in a separate blog-- my travelogue. Mostly for less confusion as the travel journal is meant to be more straight-forward. That way people interested in my travels do not have to plow through my sometimes convoluted thoughts merely to enjoy the sights I have seen. Yup! Peace out.
Labels: blog, journal, new, old, retrospect, thoughts, travel


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home